It is understandable and quite common to consider cosmetic dentistry as a purely aesthetic solution. This can make it difficult for patients to justify the investment. The truth is, however, cosmetic dentistry improves more than your looks. Whether you want to address discoloration, gaps, chips, irregular bites or crowding, cosmetic procedures can offer the following:
- Cosmetic dentistry can strengthen your teeth
- If you suffer from chipped, cracked, damaged, and missing teeth, cosmetic dentistry can certainly improve your looks as well as strengthen your smile. Whether you choose tooth-colored bonding or a cosmetic crown, these solutions will add structure and integrity to a tooth that was previously weakened and worn. In many cases, this also improves the power of your bite and allows you to eat and chew better.
- Cosmetic dentistry helps prevent gum disease
- Periodontal disease often starts with poor oral hygiene or when stubborn plaque is allowed to accumulate along the gum line. If your teeth are crowded or overlapping, it can be very difficult to clean tight spaces properly. In consequence, you may end up with gingivitis or further stages of gum disease. Remember, gum disease is harmful to your smile and your overall health, as it has been linked diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and premature births. When cosmetic dentistry is able to restore the alignment and spacing of your smile, your risk for gum disease dramatically decreases.
- Cosmetic dentistry improves self-esteem
- Last but certainly not least, cosmetic dentistry can do wonders for your self-esteem and emotional health. When your teeth are more attractive, you can feel more confident about yourself, which fosters positive energy within your personal life, your social life, and your professional life. A confident person is often a happier person! It’s even been reported that those who are happy and smile more have a higher immune system.
The next time you are having trouble justifying that smile makeover you’ve always wanted, consider the benefits you’ll gain beyond your looks. Cosmetic dentistry promotes better wellness and a richer quality of life for many patients. Call Park South Dentistry today and let’s talk about your options for addressing your smile flaws.